Candle Care

Care for your candles as they care for you! Infused with DeMontigny's unique and original blends of essential oils and essences, LODGE's candles are made with undyed, 100% natural soy bean wax, which is environmentally friendly and biodegradable. Soy also burns cleaner and longer than other types of wax candles, and cleans up easily with soap and water.

Below are some tips on general candle use, cleaning, and safety, when burning your LODGE Soy Candles. please note that failure to follow instructions could result in fire hazard, injury, or smoke damage.


Before burning:

  • Keep wax pool free of matches, wick trimmings, or other flammable materials
  • Trim wick to ¼" regularly, this creates smaller flame, wider melt pool, proper scent distribution, and allows your candle to last longer
  • Burn only on stable, heat resistant surfaces and in a well-ventilated area
  • Discontinue use when ½" of wax remains

When lit:

  • Never leave your candle burning unattended
  • Upon first burn, leave candle lit around 2-3 hours to achieve full and even burn, this prevents future tunneling
  • Burn for no longer than 4 hours at a time, to avoid wick from shifting or  glass breaking
  • Do not touch candle when burning or move candle when wax is pooled
  • Keep out of reach of children, pets, and other flammable materials

To remove wax:

  • Soy wax only needs a simple solution of warm, soapy water to wipe off
  • At the end, freeze your candle to shrink and remove wax, then reuse the container