Longest Day of Light - Summer Solstice Celebration, Teachings & Ceremony
The Longest Day of Light is ahead.
The Summer Solstice has been celebrated with ritual and connection by Indigenous Peoples all around the globe for many thousands of years, likely including your very own ancestors. As Mother Earth's northern hemisphere is tilted as close as it can be toward the sun, we're blessed with the longest day of light every year.
This is a powerful and important celestial/spiritual event where a portal opens that enables us to activate the illumination we carry so that it may go out into the world and our collective consciousness can expand. At this critical time when the world is in chaos, we are being called together to unite our hearts, minds, and spirits so we may co-create the world we know in our hearts is possible.
June 21st is also National Indigenous People's Day... a day where we recognize, uplift and celebrate our Indigenous nations, history and culture across Canada. Angela and Michele-Elise link arms to help us connect in a meaningful, heart-healing experience on the beautiful Luna Homestead, just 15 minutes from Hamilton or Cambridge, Ontario. This is the perfect day to reflect on our paths with reconciliation and connection - with each other, with Indigenous Peoples, with all beings, and with the Earth herself.
Join in for mindful movement, breath work, guided meditation, Medicine Wheel & Mother Earth teachings, connection to nature, and a traditional healing Sacred Fire ceremony led by Angela. Learn about and experience strawberry medicine. Have Celtic roots? We'll also learn ways these spiritual peoples connected to this important day.
The very best part? The healing of our ceremony continues on. You'll be among the first to receive the limited edition Lodge Summer Solstice ceremony candle with your package as well as a tobacco tie that you will make and pray with . Each time you light the candle and hold your tobacco tie, you'll be transported right to our healing circle and ceremony.
- Welcome to the farm with refreshments from 6-6:30 PM.
- 6:30 PM: Powerful Mindful Movement & Meditation session, nestled in the trees in the yurt.
- 7:45 PM: : Inspired by your session and in preparation for the sacred fire ceremony, we'll sit on the land, contemplating Mother Earth, trees, and skies in present reflection and prayer.
- 8:15 PM: Gather for strawberry medicine.
- 8:30 PM: Traditional Sacred Fire Ceremony.
What to bring:
- Yoga mat and blanket
- Clothes to move in and a long skirt or wrap for the ceremony
- Journal and pen.
- Dress weather appropriate
- Bug repellant - natural is appreciated! Extra will be available.
- Dress for nature! We are on a gorgeous farm surrounded by bush, forest, creeks, and ponds.
More details and updates will follow upon registration.
***Please note, as there are a limited number of available spots, and material costs that come with putting on this type of event, we will not be able to offer refunds.***